Welcome to Woburn & North Andover Pediatrics
Our practice offers you and your family a health care team of pediatricians and nurse practitioners to provide your child with high quality and cost effective health care seven days a week. Your child's pediatric health care team plays an important role by providing preventive health care, helping you and your family through times of illness, and answering questions about common childhood problems.
COVID-19 Update 10/1/2020 😷
It's been an exciting month trying to navigate children getting back to school (in whatever capacity that might be!), getting prepared for flu season, & doing our best to anticipate the needs of both our staff & families over the next several months. Our continued goal for the fall/winter will be to scale back just a bit on routine well visits to accommodate the increase in routine illness that the colder seasons bring and little ones requiring vaccines.
- We are available in both sites Monday-Thursday 8:00a-6:00pm & Fridays 8:00a-5:00pm. Please note that our phones lines typically switch over to our answering service one hour prior to closing time.
- All patients coming in for sick visits will be screened, via brief questionnaire, for COVID-19. The purpose of this screening is to ensure providers are wearing the appropriate PPE during your child's visit. Patients responding positively to COVID-19 screenings will be asked to remain in their vehicles & call to check in (Woburn check in line: 781-638-1075; North Andover check in line: 978-557-5712).
Visiting Our Office:
- Patients responding positively to COVID-19 screenings will be asked to remain in their vehicles and call to check in and for further instruction on entering the building.
- We require all adults & children over 2 years to wear a mask/face covering when visiting our office & throughout your visit. Please remember that whenever possible, only one parent/guardian (no siblings, please) should accompany the child to his/her visit.
- We continue to take appropriate precautions to decrease germ transmission within our office by limiting our waiting room access, regular cleaning, frequent handwashing, wearing personal protective equipment, and social distancing to the best of our ability.
- Please make an effort to complete your child’s pre-visit questionnaires on MyChart, our new patient portal! This will not only move along your visit to our office, but also allow our providers to review beforehand. MyChart is also where your child's health form will be sent so you can print/save/email from home. If you haven’t yet signed up, please call the office!
- Testing for COVID-19 is becoming more widespread but we are only able to consider testing for those who are acutely ill. Test results can be expected in 2-6 days but depend on volume. We will publish results to your child's MyChart account as soon as they are available.
- For asymptomatic patients requiring testing prior to travel, participation in activities, etc., please use this helpful tool to locate a testing facility near you. We strongly encourage calling ahead to inquire about each site's procedures, how long results are taking to return, and what your insurance may or may not cover.
- We are currently booking for November, December, & January. We're open and available to all, but as we transition into fall we hope to prioritize little ones and those requiring vaccines.
- Because the symptoms of COVID-19 & seasonal influenza are similar, it will be very important to ensure eligible children receive their flu vaccine this year. Flu clinics are being offered throughout October and should be scheduled via MyChart. Additional information can be found here!
- Additional resources: When to quarantine
A Boston Children’s Preferred Primary Care Practice