Welcome to Woburn & North Andover Pediatrics
Our practice offers you and your family a health care team of pediatricians and nurse practitioners to provide your child with high quality and cost effective health care seven days a week. Your child's pediatric health care team plays an important role by providing preventive health care, helping you and your family through times of illness, and answering questions about common childhood problems.
COVID-19 Update 6/24/2021 😷
As COVID vaccination rates increase, we feel more comfortable relaxing some of our COVID protocols just a bit. We should all remember that our younger patient population remains unvaccinated, so we still need to remain vigilant.
Calling Our Office
- Our front office staff will determine how best to handle your call. Symptomatic patients will be advised to make an appointment for an in person visit. Patients with history of a direct exposure to a person diagnosed with COVID-19 will be advised to schedule a virtual visit.
- We require all adults & children over 2 years to wear a mask/face covering when visiting our office & throughout your visit. Only one parent/guardian (no siblings, please) should accompany the child to his/her visit whenever possible.
- All patients visiting our office will be verbally COVID screened and directed to the appropriate waiting area. Positive responses will not jeopardize your ability to be seen but rather help us wear the appropriate PPE & sanitize properly. Our medical assistants work hard to get our patients roomed as quickly as possible, particularly infants.
- For patients/parents/guardians with current COVID infection or currently in quarantine, we kindly ask you to reschedule your non-urgent/well visit.
- We continue to take appropriate precautions to decrease germ transmission within our office by limiting crowding, regular cleaning, frequent handwashing, & wearing personal protective equipment.
We are able to provide COVID testing for patients who are ill, directly exposed to COVID, or who who may need testing due to travel or preparticipation. Depending on volume & the type of testing available, same day results are expected and will be uploaded to the patient's MyChart account.
We generally prefer to see symptomatic patients in office so that we can do a physical exam & ensure there are no alternative diagnoses before ordering testing.
- Asymptomatic exposures to COVID-19
Patients who do not have symptoms but were directly exposed will need to have a virtual visit before ordering any testing. Our scheduling staff will call you after your virtual visit to schedule your lab appointment on the appropriate testing day.
- Travel or pre-participation testing (college, athletic clearance,
Families should check on destination/program requirements for most appropriate time period for testing completion. These may be scheduled with the lab during certain testing hours. This type of testing is not typically covered by insurance, so an out of pocket fee of $100 is required to be paid prior to specimen collection. Parent/guardian may choose to investigate reimbursement from their insurance company on their own. A formal results letter will be published to MyChart for proof of testing.
If the above options are not optimal, please use this tool to locate a testing facility near you. We strongly encourage calling ahead to inquire about each site's procedures, how long results are taking to return, and what your insurance may or may not cover.
- MA Department of Public Health Quarantine Guidelines 12/7/20
On May 10, 2021, the Pfizer COVID vaccine was granted emergency use authorization for children age 12+ years. We are able to administer COVID vaccine in the Woburn office during limited hours/clinics. Eligible patients have already been sent a scheduling ticket through their MyChart account, so appointments may be scheduled online. Both children & their MyChart proxy accounts (parents/guardians) will be able to access the scheduling ticket, so if you feel your child is eligible and doesn't have a ticket, please let us know.
If our appointment availability is not convenient for your family, we encourage you to find an alternative. There are many sites, including state & local health care organizations & retail pharmacies, that are offering COVID vaccination.
✳️ Our providers have all received the COVID vaccine and feel comfortable recommending it for our patients in this age group. There are no contraindications to vaccination, so there are virtually no patients in this age group who are ineligible. Please rest assured that though the vaccine development process seemed fast, we trust the strict guidelines already in place. Here are some great resources on the Pfizer vaccine, but please call us with any case specific questions or concerns:
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers
- AAP Statement on Myocarditis & COVID-19 Vaccines - AAP
- Developing COVID-19 Vaccines - CDC
- Answers to questions about the COVID-19 vaccine - Boston Children's Hospital
- Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines Currently Authorized in the US - CDC
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information for Teens - Boston Children's Hospital
- The COVID-19 Vaccine & Pregnancy: What You Need To Know - Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Shattering the infertility myth: What we know about COVID-19 vaccines & pregnancy - Stat News
About our COVID Vaccine Clinics
- All COVID vaccine appointments must be scheduled via your child's MyChart account. For families, each individual patient must have their own appointment scheduled.
- MyChart appointments available are for first doses only. Second dose will be booked by our office staff 3 weeks later (21 days) and on the corresponding second dose clinic day around the same time. Please be prepared to commit to both appointment dates/times. You will get a MyChart notification once your child's second appointment has been scheduled.
- Please adhere to your appointment time. Only one parent/guardian (no siblings, please) should accompany the child to his/her visit to limit traffic to the office.
- Patients driving themselves are encouraged to have a parent on site. An older sibling is not a stand-in for a parent please.
- Be sure to review the Pfizer Emergency Use Authorization prior to your appointment
- Cancel your appointment if you or your child has any COVID symptoms, a pending COVID test, or recent exposure to known COVID infection.
- After being vaccinated you will need to wait in the office for a 15 minute observation period (some may need to wait longer if any history of allergies/vaccine reactions).
As we continue to learn more about COVID-19, we now know there have been limited reports of cardiac effects from even mild COVID infections. The American Academy of Pediatrics is recommending clearance for return to sports/activity after COVID based on factors including severity of symptoms & intensity of sport/activity. As a standard, we are recommending cardiac clearance visits for children of all ages three weeks after symptomatic COVID infection. Parents should connect with our nurses to determine the best course of action before returning to activities, and once the patient is determined safe to return, a gradual return to play will be recommended.
Additional Information & Resources
A Boston Children’s Preferred Primary Care Practice